In the light of recent events, there has been a lot of discussion and focus over an issue which is not so recent. With all these stories appearing in the news, some damn relatable feelings and the storm of thoughts my recent watch of ’13 reasons why’ has triggered, I too like many others was into deep contemplation about how could someone be in a state of mind to take one’s own life ,whether it is the right thing to do or if there is any right thing at all in such a scenario. While I have had my share of debates with myself as well as my friends about Hannah baker, I couldn’t help but feel helpless about the situation. And so I got to thinking what I feel about my life and If I were to end it why would I end it. While I could easily manage recalling 13 problems with my life, at the same time, imagining the finality of the situation made me realize that I would be missing out on so many potentially amazing and remarkably weird things if my life were to end right now. I might actually experience some of this while I might never come anywhere near realizing some of this shit but here are 13 reasons why (I certainly found more than 13) I don’t want to die just yet (In no particular order):
- I am yet to taste a frog, crocodile and octopus.
- I am yet to publish a first author research paper.
- I am yet to perform a flirtatious proposal to one of my crushes in a moment of insane courage.
- Yet to find a boyfriend.
- I still haven’t been to and roamed around Italy in its entirety.
- Yet to attend my first ever arctic monkeys concert.
- Yet to meet and hug Alex Turner.
- Yet to lose my virginity in the most exciting (maybe pathetic) circumstances.
- Yet to learn how to play a harmonica.
- I am yet to watch Breaking Bad and South park.
- I am yet to experience the agonies of childbirth.
- Still haven’t tasted white wine yet.
- I still have to buy a set of lacy undergarments.
Well this is in no way me bragging about offering a miraculous solution or a magic potion to any of the pressing issues that got us into thinking about life, its problems and perks but I certainly felt good and nice just wondering about all the possibilities I haven’t experienced yet and no matter at what stage of life one is we all wonder about certain things, certain dreams, certain wishes and a certain someone. For me even thinking about the end point of my life made me immediately regret missing out on some of the stuff (some of which certainly might never come true) and It made me realize why I want to live more. While I have no insights on what may be going on anyone’s life and in no way eligible to preach anything on this matter to anyone, my only suggestion is to just sit and think of 13 reasons or more why you don’t want to die just yet and see how that works for you. While for me it didn’t ease any of the ache or distress events around us have caused nor did it emerge as a life changing revelation, all it did was give me 5 minutes of crazy fun and a feeling of preciousness for my life which was seemingly shitty a few moments ago. Maybe this little endeavor could give us all some new reasons to start over, an extra zest to an already zestful life or some harmless fun for five minutes. Well its anyways just five minutes!!!